Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review: E.L.F Mineral Eye Primer

I've been using this product for a few days, and can't profess to know everything about it. But I will say that I have definitely formed a pretty strong opinion in a few days' time. When I test out primers, I don't mess around. I put on an intense eye look, and I go to dance classes, martial arts classes, and even the sauna. What I discovered after a night of dancing (from about 11pm-2:30am, nonstop) is that the E.L.F. primer really does not hold a candle to my Too Faced Shadow Insurance or UDPP. Another clue that the quality is not really comparable: when I used a wet-wipe to remove my eye makeup, it came off pretty easily. When I use a wet-wipe to remove eye makeup over Shadow Insurance or UDPP, it does not want to budge. It will come off, but grudgingly, like trying to pull a child away from a candy store. And it usually leaves some streaks of color behind.

Overall, for the price, it's not a bad purchase. If you wanted to create a ratio of strength of primer to cost, I'm not really sure which product would come out on top. However, if you want to look good come rain, shine or sauna... pick the Shadow Insurance or UDPP. If you are going to have a day indoors, then the E.L.F primer is not a bad choice (unless your work really stresses you out and you find yourself sweating and/or wiping your brow a lot, lol).


Update: 8/6/2010

I have been wearing the E.L.F. primer almost every day since I got it, as I wanted to make sure that I was giving a fair review. I did wear the primer to a martial arts class that was only an hour, and it held up pretty well. I still find that it comes off a little easier (even just when wiping off makeup to change looks, for instance) than UDPP or Too Faced. But I think, like all things, the type of base used over the primer; the type of shadows/colors used; the type of liners used, etc... all those things play a role in how the look holds together as a whole. But truly, for the price (3 dollars!!) it really can't be beat, price to quality ratio-wise. And even without price as a factor, it does its job as a primer pretty well. On the whole. I'm really happy to have found E.L.F. products!

No comments:

Post a Comment