Friday, November 12, 2010

The inverted smokey eye II


This is another version of the smokey eye. I wanted to do a comprehensive review of the Lorac croc train case holiday palette, so almost all the products used in this look were from that palette. Interestingly, the color I used in the middle of the eye, the bright blue (which is my favorite color of the entire 36 color palette - by Far!), is quite similar to the color I used from the Sleek palette for the original look. The main difference was the shimmer, which was in the Sleek palette color. However, this matte color pops more despite the fact that it is matte... maybe because it's matte. I'm not sure. I only know that it pops much more as you can see in the picture here. I was going to do a tutorial on this look, but frankly I got lazy, lol...

However, I would like to do some more looks using the Lorac holiday palette so that I can give a more well-rounded review of the set. As I mentioned in another post, the Tarte palette that I purchased last year has gotten very little use because I discovered that the shadows are quite powdery and have a tendency to lose the vibrancy of the colors. So far, the Lorac palette is showing itself to be superior by far, but I will continue to test the palette with different looks to see how the quality of the shadows hold up overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment