Monday, November 29, 2010

Sparkling gold, pink and burgundy smokey eye

Products used in this tutorial:

  1. e.l.f. foundation primer
  2. Coastal Scents Diva Defense Primer (this is a powder that I used over the e.l.f. primer, and I really loved the way that the two looked combined.. more on these products later)
  3. Korres Wild Rose Foundation (I used a sample, and the color was a little too dark for my winter skin, but it smells wonderful and looked great over the primers)
  4. Sleek palettes: i-divine sunset, i-divine chaos palettes - These palettes are truly amazing. They're incredibly inexpensive (about 10 dollars a palette) and the color payoff is intense and vivid. I found out about it from watching http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo .. these sisters are AMAZING! Love them. The hitch is that you have to order these palettes from the U.K. However, it is entirely doable, and Sleek actually will mail the products to you from the U.K. And if you order several products as once (really worth it considering the quality of the products) it makes the shipping economical. http://www.sleekmakeup.com/EN/index.aspx ... if you have a chance, check out these palettes! :)
  5. Sleek contour/highlight palette in medium: this is a wonderful contour product, imo, and you can order it with a brush or by itself. The brush itself costs quite a bit more than the couple of extra dollars you pay for the combination of the contour palette with the brush- its' a dual ended highlight/contour brush. However, though cute and conveniently packaged, I still prefer my own brushes to contour and highlight.
  6. Ben Nye pressed powders in Coral and Autumn Sunset as blush. Ben Nye pressed powders are my absolute favorite powders. They come in quite a large pan compared to MAC pans, for instance, and the quality is very high. They are very velvety and easy to blend without losing the original colors; incredibly pigmented and as a SUPER bonus, I found a site that sells Ben Nye products at a very reasonably discounted price (ie, the 12 powder palette that I own retails for 60 dollars but sells here - https://www.battsavl.com/product/13878/Ben-Nye-Pressed-Colour-Palette - for 48 dollars (!). Likewise, individual colors retail for 7 dollars, but are sold at this site for around 5.60. If you love Ben Nye, use this site - they're great in terms of customer service, and the shipping is a flat rate of 10 dollars... so if you order 150 dollars or 30 dollars, it's still the same. And at 150 dollars, you can get quite a good amount of super high quality product. The Grande Lumiere 12-pallete is also 48 dollars (!). The pressed cheek and eye colors are totally interchangeable, and are the same, very high quality. I'm going to do a review on Ben Nye soon, as they are one of my VERY favorite brands available.
  7. Buxom lashliner in leatherette (black). For those of you who are as obsessed as I am about enhancing your lash growth (I used to have the most ridiculously sparse and short lashes, and they are now very long), this is a product which supports lash growth and health. Therefore, I always use Buxom cream liners when I have a choice.
  8. Shiseido Lash Bone in Majolica Majorca: This is an Eastern product sold in Asia. My favorite mascara base is actually Shiseido The Makeup Mascara base, but they are a discontinued product (!boo!), so I've been diligent about finding a product that works similarly for those of us who need a primer to hold our lash curl. (If you're Asian with naturally straight hair, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.) The Shiseido Lash Bone mascara base is a good product - not as good as The Makeup Mascara Base original formula, imo, but still quite good. You can find it one ebay - do a search that lists price from lowest-highest, and you can find the best deal on th product.
  9. Diorshow Blackout mascara: I love this mascara for volumizing lashes, but unfortunately, I've come to realize that it definitely has a shelf life. Though my lashes are not very thick and I have not used up the product, it has gotten very thick sinceI bought it (probably 5 months ago or so?) and not as easy to use. I am still looking for my holy grail mascara, and I'll let you know when I find it!
  10. Too Faced lipstick in 'Totally Nude.' This has been my favorite nude lipstick for a while now.
  11. Cargo hi-definition lip gloss in Laredo: beautiful nude color, quite moisturizing, surprisingly as it's a very thin consistency. That's my only complaint about the cargo lip glosses - they're rather thin and need to be reapplied more often than my current favorite lip gloss brand, Buxom. But the color and the smoothness of the product looks beautiful.

I'm really excited, as my recent discovery of using pointed crease brushes has opened a whole new world for me, and I look forward to creating more tutorials with this technique applied in different ways. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous day! xo, Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment